Invitation to participate in dynamic one-day conference: ICT support for Active and Healthy Ageing: Enablers for Success (E4S) Paving the way from pilots to the market Barcelona, January 16th 2014
I am writing to you because I believe that, as a key stakeholder in the area of AAL / AHA you will find this conference highly relevant to your work, and because your views, experience and concerns are a welcome input to the discussions that will take place. I am delighted to invite you to take part in the conference, participation in which will be completely free of charge.
The conference addresses the complete spectrum of stakeholders in AAL/AHA: technical experts, IT and device developers, service providers, care providers, end-users and policy makers. It provides an open and dynamic forum for exchange of news, views and ideas about the next steps in making ICT support for Active and Healthy Ageing a reality across Europe.
Further details are provided in the attached draft agenda. Highlights:
- Prominent keynote speakers to set the scene and inspire discussion.
- Agenda promoting open and frank discussion and debate amongst participants.
- Emphasis on making it real: strategies to reach the market while responding to challenges from the technical side.
- Three round-table topics: “Public Administrations as Enablers”, “The IT Perspective and E4S (Enablers for Success)”, and “The boundary between the healthy elderly person and the patient”.
- “Demo lounge”, with demonstrations from a variety of projects (possibly including yours).
The “Demo lounge” will include demonstrations from EU FP7 projects universAAL and Home Sweet Home (the projects arranging the conference), but there will also be opportunities for other projects to take part.
The conference will take place in Plaça Catalunya (central Barcelona), at the Mobile World Capital’s new permanent exhibition & venue centre, a global reference to spread and demonstrate the latest mobile technologies and solutions to citizens.
To register for the event and get practical information about the venue, see:
There is no cost for taking part in the event, and registration also includes refreshments and lunch. Numbers are limited, so early registration is advised. If you would like your project to be part of the “Demo lounge”, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you are able to accept this invitation, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Joe Gorman, SINTEF ICT, Trondheim Norway
Conference chair, and coordinator of FP7 Project universAAL
Source: E4S conference invitation)